Duty of Care Statement
HEDNA is following the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and local authorities regarding in-person gatherings. We are committed to taking the appropriate precautions to provide a safe and healthy environment for attendees. We encourage our attendees to work with us to help make this happen.
HEDNA staff will execute the following best practices to help attendees stay healthy and to reduce exposure and risk:
- Provide sanitizing and disinfection materials for general attendee use.
- Work with the hotel to increase cleaning and disinfection across high-volume common areas.
- Monitor recommendations from the relevant health authorities including the Centers for Disease Control and local government and city officials.
- Encourage attendees to adopt some best practices to act in their own best interest and in the best interest of their fellow attendees.
By attending the HEDNA 2022 Global Distribution Conference, you agree to abide by and engage in certain health-and-safety beneficial conduct while attending the event. This may include, but is not limited to, wearing a mask when required indoors unless actively eating or drinking, engaging in appropriate physical distancing, and not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
Attendees are asked to manage their own preparedness and behavior as well:
- If you are feeling feverish or coughing prior to arriving at the conference, please stay home.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Disinfect personal items such as cell phones.
You may also want to:
- Consider the adoption of a no-handshake policy.
- Be considerate of fellow attendees and exercise good judgement.
- And most of all, if you are feverish or coughing, please do not attend the tournament or please notify HEDNA staff if you begin to feel this while at the conference.
HEDNA will work closely with all venues where food and beverage is served in compliance with local guidance and recommendations on food safety. Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated May 19, 2022