WORKING GROUP NAME
Content Working Group
WORKING GROUP CO-CHAIRS
Sylvain Courtial, Senior Manager, Product Management for Hotel Distribution, Amadeus
Christin Haensel, Senior Manager, h2c
HEDNA BOARD LIAISONS
Anne Cole, Vice President, Content, DHISCO
Jodie Gibson, Manager Strategic Accounts, DerbySoft
Travelers searching for accommodations will be provided with informative, accurate and engaging content that converts shoppers into guests.
Get consistent content out on whichever platform, in whichever format, the audience wants to consume it.
IDENTIFIED BUSINESS PROBLEMS
- Challenges in creating, managing and distributing content across diverse channels
- Interoperability between hotel systems and distributors
- Lack of consistency of data uses in search, shopping and content transactions
- Simplify the connectivity and compatibility between hotels and distributors to benefit more consistent standardized data for search, shopping and content transactions
- Facilitate hotelier's ability to better market their products, drive operational efficiencies and enhance the hotel guest experience
- Improve the customer shopping experience by providing the essential information for an informed buying decision
- Achieve on strategy content parity "same information" across all channels (excludes rates, availability and inventory)
Virtual meetings every other week
WORKING GROUP COMPOSITION
The Content Working Group would be best served with a cross section of hotel companies, chain and independent hotel brands, content technology providers, rich media providers and hotel content experts regardless of company affiliation.
- Conducted HEDNA survey to collect input from HEDNA members on areas of focus for the Content Working Group. The top 3 content areas requiring improvement were named as:
- Content distribution of static content (descriptions, amenities, facilities, etc.)
- Dynamic content (rates, rate codes, cancellation, room type, etc.)
- Content parity across channels
- HEDNA working group charter submission outlining the direction and deliverables of the working group; Industry Need Paper "Required Key Content Features". The Industry Need Paper will look at key content features required by guests, by hotels and by the different channels (tying in our objectives to review business problems from all 3 angles).
- For the analysis, the Content Working Group will be split into subcommittees and in order for each subcommittee to adhere to the same guidelines, a Guideline document will be created
The future phases will be determined by the input of the Content Working Group committee to include outstanding deliverables on projects in progress, expanding scope to include rich media and globalization.
Download the full Content Working Group Charter here. If you would like to join the Content Working Group, please fill out the form below: