HEDNA has partnered with Cornell University's online learning subsidiary, eCornell, to create an easily accessible, interactive online learning experience based on its HEDNA University program. Currently, HEDNA U 1.0: Introduction to Distribution is offered in this online environment.
Fee includes morning coffee and networking lunch.
Companies enrolling three or more registrants in the same HEDNA U class are eligible for a discounted rate. Student rates are available for member and non-member educational institutions. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION: Review the history and workings of electronic distribution: how distribution systems evolved, the business needs that they serve, and how they facilitate customer service and improve business.
- CONNECTIVITY EVOLUTION: Examine the ways in which electronic systems have developed to share critical information regarding rates and inventory. Identify how hotels share up-to-date information with distribution channels and explore some of the considerations that affect connectivity.
- HOTEL CONTENT: Examine various types of distribution content including the ways in which content is stored, shared and used in the ecosystem of online travel. Discover how to get the most out of rich media inspired by world-class case studies. Explore user-generated content and how it is shaping the distribution landscape.
- TRANSACTIONS: Learn how hotels distribute data related to rates and inventory. Following an overview of the distribution systems currently in use, you will look at some of the models used in transactions and review key challenges that the hotel industry faces in trying to meet consumer needs.
- EMERGING CHANNELS: Emerging channels are any new or evolving means of distributing product information to consumers. The ways in which consumers browse, shop and purchase are constantly changing and vary depending on the interface (desktop, tablet, smart phone). Consider what these changes mean for hoteliers.
- DISTRIBUTION MARKETING: Explore the ways in which the hotel industry promotes, publicizes and sells its products. The session reviews best practices and looks at new ways hoteliers can leverage existing means, such as flash sales and auction sites.
- HEDNA MEMBERSHIP: The benefits of membership extend beyond developing an awareness of the issues facing today’s hospitality industry. HEDNA also offers unparalleled opportunities to for career development, collaboration and networking.
Click on the individual course links below in the HU Course Calendar to learn more about each as well as register for the course.